Cooking Safety Tips
• Put a lid on a grease fire to smother it, then turn off the heat. Baking soda will also work.
• Never throw water or use a fire extinguisher on a grease fire. Water will only spread the fire and the force of the extinguisher can splash flaming grease out of the pan.
• Wear short or tight fitting sleeves when cooking. Loose fitting clothing can easily catch fire.
• If your clothing catches fire, STOP, DROP & ROLL to put out the flames. Put burns in cool running water. Call 9-1-1 for help.
• Keep pot handles turned inward to prevent accidental spills of hot contents.
• Create a three-foot “child-free zone” around the stove. Keep children and pets away from the stove while cooking to prevent burns and scalds.