Is It Safe To Clean My Walls After Fire Damage In Hicksville?
Whatever the situation, we are on hand to help.
Hicksville Residents Worry About Homes After Fire Damage
People living in Hicksville know that a clean, welcoming home is one of the best things. A lovely home is a place to come back to after a hard day at work or to look after your kids or relax with family and friends.
The psychological effects of fire damage in Hicksville cannot be understated. It is distressing to see your home grimy and black with soot stains. It is natural to want to fix the damage as soon as possible.
Can I clean my walls after fire damage?
SERVPRO strongly recommends that you do not attempt to clean your walls after fire damage. We understand the urge to scrub your home and make it look, “Like it never even happened.” However, it is much safer to wait for the professional cleanup crew to arrive.
We train our technicians in structural cleaning of walls and ceilings. Our teams know which cleaning methods are best, and which ones to use for your home. A professional team will get a much more satisfactory result than cleaning by yourself. Not to mention, we are equipped with the proper safety equipment.
Is there anything I can do while waiting for SERVPRO?
There are some things you can do while waiting if it is safe to do so:
• Cover carpets and upholstery with old linen or colorfast towels to protect them from further damage
• Gently wash plan leaves on both sides with plain water
• Cover chrome faucets and trim with a lubricant such as petroleum jelly
Please do not attempt these actions if it is not safe. Also, we suggest asking family members to keep moving in the affected areas to a minimum, to prevent further damage and spreading of soot.
How will SERVPRO clean my walls?
The cleaning method we choose depends on how heavily soiled the wall is, the material it is made from, and whether it is painted or wallpapered. Some options include:
• Dry sponge cleaning for surfaces that cannot get wet
• Wire brushes for robust surfaces and softer brushes for delicate surfaces
• General surface cleaners for paint and washable surfaces
• Heavy-duty cleaners for more stubborn stains
Whatever the situation, we are on hand to help. Call SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview at (516) 733-1800.
What Does It Take To Defeat Mold Spreading Through A Hotel?
If mold is left unchecked, it can spread very quickly. Contact our IICRC certified mold damage remediation team for an assessment today.
SERVPRO Helps Perform Mold Remediation in Hicksville Hotels with the Seriousness it Deserves.
You may be concerned, and with good reason, that guests would shun your hotel or cut short visits when they discover there is mold. Once you notice mold in a few sections of your facility, it is likely to spread fast to other areas if you do not take remedial action. SERVPRO helps hotel proprietors in Hicksville get ahead of the situation before it worsens.
What aspect is most helpful for mold remediation in Hicksville?
An abundance of skills is perhaps the most helpful thing because mold remediation in Hicksville, requires a multipronged approach to ensure lasting results. When you engage SERVPRO, you have immediate access to certified technicians in several fields, including:
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialists
- Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning Technicians
- Water Damage Restoration Technicians
- Odor Control Technicians
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
How widespread does mold remediation have to be?
You may notice mold only in a few sections of your hotel, such as areas close to the showers. However, the infestation is likely to affect more areas. Therefore, the removal process involves more than just cleaning the few areas where you notice mold spots. Our SERVPRO technicians take different actions, including:
- Tracing the mold growth all over your property
- Checking humidity levels within the hotel
- Removing mold residues and affected materials
- Drying wet areas
Mold can thrive in concealed spaces such as wall or ceiling cavities before it exhibits signs on the surfaces. When our technicians take moisture and humidity readings, we can tell the areas likely to be infested. Then we open small, 4-inch holes for further inspection or use borescopes to confirm the presence of mold. In carpeted areas, we lift the carpet to inspect the underside and tack strip.
After identifying all the moldy areas, we perform controlled demolition to remove heavily infested porous materials and use various cleaning approaches to remove moldy residues from surfaces.
A seemingly minor mold issue may turn out to be the tip of the iceberg. Call SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview at (516) 733-1800 to help deal with any level of damage, "Like it never even happened."
Learn more about Hicksville.
Why Does SERVPRO’s 24/7 Service Matter When Water Damage Occurs In Hicksville?
If you need speedy help with water damage, call SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview at (516) 733-1800.
A Speedy Response Means Better Results For Hicksville Homes With Water Damage
Hicksville residents want to know that should a disaster occur in their home, and there is someone they can rely on for a speedy response. SERVPRO understands the need for speed when remedying a water problem, which is why we emphasize quick service as part of our response.
No one wants to deal with water damage in their Hicksville home. However, in the unfortunate event of water seeping into your carpets or drywall, you want to know help is at hand when you need it. Water damage does not wait for a convenient time – you can suffer from a leak or flood at any moment. Thankfully, SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview is here for you any time, day or night. Our teams work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long. We do not shut up shop at 5:00 PM or close our offices for the holidays. When disaster strikes – we are there.
Why is speed so important when water damage occurs?
Time is of the essence in cases of water damage. A day or even an hour can make a massive difference to how much harm the moisture can do. For example:
• Water saturates everything in its path within minutes, including furniture, carpets, upholstery, and the structure of your home
• In the first 24 hours after water damage, drywall and furniture begin to swell, and metal services begin to tarnish.
• In the first 48 hours after water damage, doors and floors start to warp, paint begins to blister, and mold starts to grow
• If more than a week goes by, restoration becomes much more complicated and costly, and the risk of permanent damage to the home, or health hazards to the occupants, increases sharply
Fast action is key to preventing mold, long-term damage, and warping of your home’s structure. That is why SERVPRO is Faster to Any Size Disaster.
What does SERVPRO do to hasten the drying process?
Our technicians understand that the faster we can dry your property, the better for everyone. We start by removing as much water from your house as possible. The more moisture we extract at the start of the process, the faster and more effective drying will be. Our extraction process is thorough, and we use a range of standing pumps, truck-mounted pumps, and wand extractors to draw out as much water as possible.
We are thorough in our work – we do not stop at removing water! We use a range of air movers, dehumidifiers, and fans to dry out your carpets, drapes, furniture, and floors. We train our technicians in the best placement of equipment for each situation.
If some of your belongings need more in-depth cleaning, we take care of that too. Our teams have access to a wide range of cleaning chemicals and solutions, and we can carry out everything from spot cleaning to full immersion cleaning as needed.
What can I expect when SERVPRO arrives?
When our team arrives at your home, they will:
• Start with a walk-through to assess the situation and talk with you about your concerns and priorities
• Check-in with their managers about any specific hazards (such as the need to board up windows) and make a plan to handle those hazards
• Consult with you about the steps needed to restore your home, to make sure you are happy with their activities going forward
• Use a range of moisture meters to take initial moisture readings and ascertain the extent of the water damage
• Draw up a full plan that includes demolition plans for any parts of your home that cannot be saved (such as saturated drywall) and drying methods for everything salvageable.
Our visit begins with a thorough assessment, so you know we have considered all the options, and have all the relevant information to hand. Putting a well-researched plan in place at the start gives you peace of mind because you know what is going to happen next.
A property assessment also hastens the drying process because all technicians know what steps to take and in what order.
What happens after drying is complete?
After our team has finished drying your home and belongings, we work on deodorizing your home using a range of foggers and deodorizing chemicals. Deodorizing is a vital final step because it eradicates the leftover musty smell that accompanies water damage, and leaves your home feeling clean and fresh once more.
We conduct a walk-through with you after remediation is complete. This gives you the chance to see the results of our work while we are still on hand to answer any questions or concerns. The manager in charge of your project will call you a week after project close-out to discuss any lingering questions you may have.
If you need speedy help with water damage, call SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview at (516) 733-1800.
What Are The Biggest Fire Damage Risks In My Hicksville Home?
SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview technicians is waiting to help you.
SERVPRO Helps Hicksville Residents Deal With Fire Damage
Fire damage is a frightening thought, and as a result, many Hicksville residents are eager to do all they can to prevent a home fire.
It is essential to know the most significant fire damage risks so you can keep your Hicksville home safe. There are several steps you can take to help prevent a fire in your house.
What are the biggest fire damage risks to look out for?
SERVPRO recommends all homeowners stay aware of the following potential risks:
• Cooking. A home-cooked meal is delightful, but if you are not careful, it can also be a fire hazard. Always stay aware in the kitchen.
• Candles. Candles are a leading cause of fires. Be careful when burning candles, and do not ever leave them unattended.
• Appliances. An old or damaged appliance can spark a fire. Maintain your devices properly and be alert for worn cords or damaged casing.
• Dryers. Make sure you unclog your dryer's pipes regularly and clean the lint filter regularly.
• Smoking. We all know that smoking is not beneficial for our health, but it is also a terrible fire risk. If you or anyone in your home is not ready to quit, be mindful not to leave cigarettes burning, or even better, smoke outside.
How can SERVPRO help me is there is a fire?
In the unfortunate event of a fire, SERVPRO technicians are on hand to mitigate the damage. We know the steps to take to restore your home:
• A thorough assessment of the situation
• Boarding up windows and placing a tarp on the roof if the fire has caused structural damage
• Removing excess water from the initial efforts to quench the fire
• Remove smoke and soot from your home using a range of specialized equipment
• Clean and sanitize damaged items
• Restore your home and deal with physical damage such as replacing drywall.
SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview technicians is waiting to help you. If your home has suffered fire damage, give us a call today on (516) 733-1800.
How Many Dehumidifiers Do I Need to Use?
Is your personal dehumidifier enough for your water damage? Call the pros of SERVPRO to mitigate all your damage needs.
The SERVPRO Team Calculates the Number of Dehumidifiers for Drying Your Water Damaged Hicksville Property
Our SERVPRO team in Hicksville calculates the appropriate amount of dehumidification required for your specific water damage situation. We take into account the type of dehumidifier, desiccant, conventional refrigerant, or low grain refrigerant (LGR) since each machine has a different capacity. They also take into consideration the amount of damage and the total impacted area. Our technicians create specific drying goals based on their calculations but also understand that each loss situation is distinct and can change throughout the drying process.
Do More Dehumidifiers Mean a Quicker Drying Process?
No, More Machines Do Not Always Mean a Faster Process
For water mitigation projects, more does not always mean faster and faster does not always mean better. Too hasty of a drying project in your Hicksville home may cause further water damage in the long run. Materials can become too dry, making it essential to monitor the process carefully. Dehumidifiers work in conjunction with air movers to facilitate evaporation through airflow, so it is vital to keep the equipment balanced.
How Do SERVPRO Technicians Determine the Appropriate Number of Dehumidifiers?
- They determine the class of water damage. Class 1 being the least amount of damage and Class 4 requiring specialized drying.
- Technicians measure dehumidifier capacity based on the size in cubic feet of the impacted area.
I have Class 3 Water Damage in My Home, What Does That Mean?
- A large number of porous materials sustained water damage.
- The impacted area is large, requiring a lot of dehumidification.
- Technicians may create smaller drying chambers using 6-mil polyethylene to foster targeted drying.
For 24/7 assistance with water damage or any other home disaster, contact SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview at (516) 733-1800. We make it, "Like it never even happened."
How Can I Ensure That My Hicksville Home is Safe to Live in Following a Flood?
If you ever need help cleaning and remediating your flood-damaged home, contact SERVPRO.
Floodwaters Carry Harmful Microbes, So Only a Professional Flood Damage Remediator Can Make Your Hicksville Home Safe to Live in After Flooding
Flooding is a fairly common occurrence on Long Island, and Hicksville is no exception to this. Yearly storms, ranging from strong coastal thunderstorms to Nor’easters and hurricanes, bring with them flooding torrential rains. As heavy rains overwhelm the area’s water drainage system, floodwaters pour onto local streets and into homes. These dirty waters commonly contain trash, human and animal waste, toxic chemicals, and other harmful substances. Lurking within all these are dangerous microbes that could cause health effects and degrade the structural integrity of your home. The only real way to eliminate these microscopic threats following a flood is to enlist the aid of a quality flood damage cleaning and restoration company.
How Do Flood-borne Microbes Make My Home Unsafe?
SERVPRO, a local Hicksville flood damage restoration service, often deals with the adverse effects of the following flood-borne microbes:
• Other parasites
All of these microorganisms cause a wide variety of issues. If they are breathed in, swallowed, or absorbed through the skin, they may promote health effects in humans and pets. Also, they could eventually undermine the structural integrity of your home, making it dangerous to live in. Dry rot, caused by certain fungi, might decay wooden flooring, walls, and ceilings over time. It may also wear away various support beams that keep your house from collapsing. Excess moisture in the air resulting from flooding could also affect attic rafters and your roof.
What Does SERVPRO Do to Help Eliminate These Microscopic Threats?
SERVPRO technicians are trained and experienced in effectively dealing with microbial threats. In their efforts to eradicate harmful microbes, they employ a wide range of high-tech gear and innovative methods. Some tools our experts use are:
• Heated water extractors that remove microbe-supporting standing waters and kill certain microorganisms
• Desiccant dehumidifiers to remove the moisture that microbes like mold need to thrive
• Low-grain refrigerant (LGR) dehumidifiers that: supercool interior air to remove moisture via condensation to levels well below forty grains/pound, and can kill microbes adverse to low temperatures
• Injectidry systems to dry subflooring, as well as areas behind walls and ceilings
• High-tech foggers to inject disinfectants and antifungals into materials and difficult-to-access areas
• A wide variety of EPA-approved disinfecting and fungus-eliminating chemical agents
SERVPRO professionals, armed with this state-of-the-art equipment, can sanitize your home, making it safe to live in and less likely to suffer future structural damage.
When remediating flood damage, our experienced workers use a variety of methods to neutralize microbial threats. They understand that microscopic pests require three things, namely a food source, the right temperature, and enough moisture to survive and proliferate. Therefore, when combating these microorganisms, SERVPRO technicians act to alter these three life-sustaining factors. In doing this, they:
• Immediately remove dirty floodwaters and non-restorable water-damaged items that could become microbial food sources
• Inject disinfectants and antifungals into affected restorable surfaces with ultra-low volume foggers to kill bacteria and fungi feeding on them
• Use thermal foggers, which emit counteracting vaporized solutions, to neutralize airborne microbes
• Employ heated extractors, refrigerant dehumidifiers, and high-velocity box fans to alter interior temperatures so that they are less favorable for bacteria, viruses, and fungi
• Reduce the humidity of interior air to below 60% with desiccant and refrigerant dehumidifiers to hinder the growth of certain microorganisms.
• Further, dry all areas with air movers and Injectidry systems
Ultimately, all of these measures strike at the root causes of harmful microbial growth. By eliminating the food and moisture sources they depend on, as well as altering interior temperatures, SERVPRO is often successful in eradicating microscopic threats.
Everyday life in a peaceful suburb like Hicksville can be quite uneventful. However, that peace is broken a few times a year by troublesome storms. High winds and heavy rains can quickly cause expensive damage to your home. They can make tree limbs fall on your roof, causing roof leaks, flying debris to break windows, and floodwaters to rapidly inundate your property. Many times, these disasters cannot be predicted or prevented. Even the best preparations can be overcome by a powerful coastal storm. The best thing you can do before you have an issue is to know what local services are able to do if your home is affected by storm damage.
Also, it is important to take the proper precautions before the arrival of major storms. Repair roof leaks, routinely clean your gutters, fix foundation issues, board up windows, and strategically sandbag your property if necessary. All of these actions should help protect your home from the effects of many anticipated storms. However, when disaster does strike and flooding impacts your home, rest assured that nearby help is available.
If you ever need help cleaning and remediating your flood-damaged home, contact SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview at (516) 733-1800.
How Can I Guarantee my Business Premises is Safe After a Fire?
Let us help you get your Hicksville Business back in order after a devastation.
SERVPRO Commercial Fire Damage Services can Inspect and Restore your Premises to a Pre-loss condition.
What type of damages occurs from a fire?
The main issues in your Hicksville business are likely to focus on indoor air quality, structural security, and sanitation. Most property fires do not cause irreversible harm to the structure but can blacken walls and ceilings and reduce indoor air quality. Whenever our technicians work on a commercial building, we wear respirators as part of our protective equipment (PPE) to avoid inhaling or ingesting microscopic dust and ash particles. The demolition of non-salvageable material can further harm your indoor air quality. When the indoor air quality is weak, it can be unsafe to re-introduce staff or customers to the premises. Our technicians apply negative air pressure to the fire zone to ensure that any residual, air-borne dust or debris does not spread to an unaffected area. When fires are contained in a specific area, we can use plastic sheeting to prevent the spread of dust.
Is the smell of burning harmful to your health?
Unless members of your staff or customers have pre-existing respiratory issues, it is unlikely that burnt odors are lethal. However, they can create an unpleasant atmosphere in your business, which is why you may need professional fire damage restoration services in Hicksville. Our technicians undergo extensive odor control training to ensure that your property returns to its preloss condition. After fumigating or misting the premises, we can place venting box fans in the area to exchange indoor air with outdoor up to sixty times. This process ensures that any residual odors are dealt with, leaving you to re-open your business "Like it never even happened."
How can my business work around a fire issue?
- Contain the affected area and post clear signage to avoid entry or foot traffic
- Speak directly with a SERVPRO crew chief to understand which areas of your property are safe to re-open
- Contact your business insurance provider to cover any revenue losses during the restoration period
If your business suffers from smoke and fire issues, contact SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview at (516) 733-1800 for commercial restoration.
Learn more about Hicksville.
A Leaking Pipe Has Caused Water Damage in My Hicksville Property, What Should I Do?
When your home has water damage, hiring professionals is vital.
Hire SERVPRO’s Team of Experts to Perform Water Cleanup in Your Hicksville Home
Water from a leaking pipe in your Hicksville property can cause costly damage to your carpets, drywall, electronics, appliances, and other valuable items. By seeking professional help from SERVPRO, you can save most of the structures and contents of your home.
Why should I act quickly?
The longer water stays in a property, the more damage it causes on various surfaces. Therefore, it is crucial to act immediately by calling us to perform water cleanup in your Hicksville property. Some of your valuables can withstand several minutes of exposure to the water, but electronics can be challenging to save. If you ignore the water for an extended period, mold can grow. Our response team is available 24-hours a day. Immediately we receive an emergency call, we act fast since we understand the destruction water and moisture can cause.
My carpet is soaked with water, do I have to replace it?
Carpet manufacturers use synthetic fibers to make the carpets fluffy and warm. When the fibers absorb water, it is not easy to dry the surface manually or naturally. Our team of experts has access to state-of-the-art equipment and tools that can minimize the drying time and save your carpet.
Depending on the level of water damage, we may remove your carpet and pad to dry the area effectively. Removing the carpet and padding gives us an excellent opportunity to check the floor below it for potential water damage. Also, the carpet can dry fast since we expose both sides to dry air. Our technicians can use Knee kicker, seaming tape, and power stretcher to repair your dry carpet and pad.
What about my wet drywall?
Drywall may seem hard, but the material used to construct it is porous. When the drywall is wet, it can:
In severe cases, drywall can become a breeding ground for mold and bacteria. Thankfully, we can restore your drywall by drying it effectively in a brief period using an indirect fired furnace. This is a heat and air-exchange drying system that heats the airspace of the affected building to increase evaporation. It takes dry air from outside and warms it before introducing it in the drying zone. The machine can dry even the hard to reach areas, including wall cavities and crawl spaces.
When your home has water damage, hiring professionals is vital. Call SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview at (516) 733-1800 for effective restoration. We can mitigate the water damage and rebuild the affected areas.
What Equipment is Most Effective in Water Cleanup Projects in Hicksville?
If you need a professional inspection or help with something you cannot handle on your own, call SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview.
In Hicksville, the Most Competent Services Have a Wide Range of High-Tech Gear to Efficiently Remove Water from Your Home
Homeownership can be a wonderful thing, but it also comes with its occasional difficulties. It is, therefore, crucial to plan for these potential difficulties before they impact you. Some common issues Hicksville residents have been keeping up with routine home maintenance and protecting their property from weather-related damage. Over time, when homeowners fail to perform these essential tasks, they eventually have to deal with the problems resulting from their inattention. However, sometimes, even unavoidable accidents or unpredictable weather can lead to negative repercussions like standing water inside your home. Local water cleanup services, including SERVPRO, routinely encounter and effectively handle these unforeseen situations.
What Can Cause Standing Water in Your Hicksville Home?
Hicksville water cleanup services have dealt with standing water from a myriad of sources. These sources range from the readily apparent to the more inconspicuous. Water leaks can arise from structural issues, defective pipe networks, deteriorating containers, and malfunctioning appliances. Some examples of water leak sources are:
• Ruptured water pipes, resulting from natural freeze-thaw cycles or long-term deterioration
• Rusted-out or otherwise deteriorated water containers
• Malfunctioning appliances like washing machines or dishwashers
• Clogged gutters or roof leaks, which allow rainwater to enter your home
While you cannot reasonably prevent all of these potential problems, you can avoid many of them with regular attention and maintenance.
Is There Any Way to Lower My Risks of a Water Leak?
There are several ways you can substantially reduce your chances of developing a water leak. Many of these suggestions involve limited effort on your part, while others require more. Some of the measures SERVPRO recommends for preventing water leaks are:
• Allowing your faucets to drip during periods of freezing weather
• Periodically examining exposed pipes for signs of deterioration and having those with issues repaired as needed
• Routinely monitoring the condition of containers and appliances and having deteriorated ones repaired
• Regularly examining your roof for leaks and repairing those found
• Cleaning your gutters periodically
• Cutting tree limbs that could potentially damage your roof during a severe storm
Often, by taking these relatively simple steps, you can prevent most potential leaks. Dripping faucets during freezing weather helps prevent water from freezing in pipes and rupturing them. Noticing container and appliance deterioration early enables you to fix or replace them before leaks occur. Regular roof inspections and gutter cleanings often prevent leaks or allow you to discover them early enough so that they can be repaired before they do much damage. Ultimately, these suggestions should save you a lot of future trouble.
What Tools Does SERVPRO Usually Use to Clean Up Standing Water?
The water cleanup industry has advanced rapidly in recent years, and SERVPRO is no exception to this tremendous progress. Water removals in Hicksville that were more difficult twenty or more years ago have been made much easier now with our state-of-the-art water removal equipment. This gear more rapidly removes water and dries moisture-affected structural elements and contents. Our advanced tools include:
• Moisture sensors/meters that can identify precisely what is affected by moisture and how much it is affected
• Infrared cameras that can see through baseboards, walls, and ceilings to identify the source of leaks
• Industrial-strength truck-mounted and portable water extractors that can quickly remove inches to feet of standing water
• Submersible pumps that further facilitate fast water removal
• Large desiccant and refrigerant dehumidifiers that rapidly dry your home’s interior and air
• Powerful fans and air movers that circulate air, pulling dry air in as they blow moist air out of your home
• Advanced Injectidry systems that can be attached to air mover-dehumidifier networks to dry hard-to-access areas behind walls and ceilings
Using an arsenal of high-tech tools, SERVPRO’s technicians can often solve your standing water problems effectively, efficiently, and quickly. We do the job right the first time so that you can save time and money in the long-run.
Owning a home in Hicksville is a dream, but it comes with a great deal of responsibility. You need to remain vigilant against the harmful effects of wear and tear, as well as those caused by the powerful storms that routinely batter Long Island. Hicksville homeowners must properly perform maintenance on their property when needed. They need to periodically inspect their residence for potential issues or have trained professionals like SERVPRO do it for them. When you find problems, act fast, and properly address them. Never procrastinate in doing what needs to be done.
Always do your best to maintain your home. Prepare for things that can be expected and repair what you are able to fix. If you need a professional inspection or help with something you cannot handle on your own, call SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview at (516) 733-1800.
A Fire Has Damaged My Hicksville Home, What Steps Should I Take?
SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview can help you restore your home quickly.
Call a Company that Performs Fire Damage Restoration in Hicksville
Watching your property and valuable items engulfed by fire is among the most heartbreaking things a property owner can experience. After such a devastating incident, reassurance comes from having clear guidance in restoring your property from fire and smoke damage. Seek help immediately from a reliable restoration company like SERVPRO.
Why hire professional restorers?
The professionals at SERVPRO have years of experience. We are certified by the (IICRC) Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification to restore Hicksville homes with fire damage. Our response team is always available and responds fast to our customers’ emergency calls.
We use advanced equipment and tools as well as edge cutting techniques to restore homes in a brief period. With our expertise and experience, we can prevent further smoke and soot damage. Our team of technicians can repair most items and dispose of extremely damaged items.
How do you clean up the smoke residues?
As we restore smoke damaged materials, we seek to restore them to their preloss condition. We apply some basic principles of cleaning to accomplish the task. They include:
• Carefully inspecting the affected areas in locating smoke residues.
• Identifying the type of residues present.
• Identifying the type of surface that is affected.
• Capturing and removing residues
• Disposing of the debris and cleaning waste
How do professionals deodorize the affected property?
Whether small or significant fire damage, the odor can be present in your property. Depending on the intensity of the damage, the odor can persist even after a thorough cleaning. We can use a ventilation box fan to deodorize your property. The equipment generates a high velocity of airflow, which replaces the odor with fresh air from outside. The machine also helps in speeding up the drying process since the dry clean air from outside increases evaporation even in hard to reach areas.
Fire damage is devastating for homes, and you need technicians who can respond fast to it. SERVPRO of Hicksville / Plainview can help you restore your home quickly. Call us 24/7 at (516) 733-1800.
For more about Hicksville click here.